Whew. Now that 2015 is coming to a close, we have officially been a guild for 2 and a half years! Honestly the best part of the guild is our members but just in case you have missed part of our high jinks, or are interested in being a part of our group, here are the highlights of the year.
- Our Block of the Month featured many different blocks and styles and was the driver of our charity or community quilts made by our generous members.
- Education included using scraps, make and takes, Clutch bag tutorial, free motion quilting, half square triangles, miter napkins tutorial, and more.
- Debbie Jaske from a A Quilter's Table, Katie Pederson for SewKatieDid, and Kim Stoltenburg from Sew-N-Sew Quilting came and shared their knowledge, tips, techniques, and good times with us.
- We had paint chip challenges, Shape challenges, and swaps!
- Our first raffle quilt was made and raffled to raise funds for guild operating costs.
- Seven Seas and The Olive Branch Cafe hosted our socials and of course, more swaps.
- Our group participated in a collaborative improv quilt for the Community Quilts showing at the QuiltCon 2016. It is currently being quilted right now.
2016 is shaping up to be another great year! See you at our next meeting.