We’re always on the lookout for members who want to share their time and talents to make our guild an exciting one. Below is a list of our current committees, let us know how you’d like to help!
Membership aka I Love to Meet New People Committee:
- Welcome new members
- Keep a current membership list, including tracking membership and dues (includes working with the treasurer to make sure dues are paid on time)
- Update members’ email addresses for MailChimp
- Keep all members registered with the MQG site
Set up and Take down aka The Roadies Committee:
This committee will set up the chairs/ tables/ banners for our meetings and take them down at the end of the meeting. An important behind the scenes job!
Community Quilts aka I Love Giving Quilts Away as Much as I Love Making Them Committee:
- Locate and act as our contact for the organizations receiving quilts
- Find out the requirements for each donation
- Help organize volunteers complete projects
- Work with the events committee to schedule community quilt Sew Ins
- Provide a home for and manage the guild’s supply of materials and blocks
- Arrange for delivery of quilts to recipient charities
Block of the Month aka What Are We Making Committee:
- Decide on a quilt block and color scheme for each month of the year
- Have an example of next month’s block ready for each meeting
- Choose tutorials and examples to be posted on our blog
- Lead the time to share blocks from previous months and introduce the new block at our meetings
Media aka the Tacoma What? Committee:
- Take photos at guild meetings and events.
- Capture what it is that we do as a guild and post the photos to our website, Facebook page and Instagram
- Maintain the digital repository of photos
Communications/Technology aka What Day is That Again Committee:
- Update the blog on a regular basis to announce meetings, guild business, and events
- Keep members updated regarding event dates such as meetings, sew-ins, workshops, etc.
- Work with the media and membership committees when appropriate.
Swaps /Challenges aka What Can I Win Committee:
- Determine the schedule for swaps and challenges for the year, including the guidelines for each
- Provide resources as needed for completing swap projects.
- Determine door prizes for each challenge
- Chair Lead will present and lead the discussion about each swap/challenge at the meetings.
Education aka Let’s Learn Something New Committee:
- Organize skill building demonstrations for guild meetings, utilizing talents of guild members where possible
- Schedule teachers, classes and workshops
Events aka Get Out of the House Committee:
- Find locations for and schedule Sew Ins, 4 times a year
- Scheduling and organize our annual sewing retreat and annual holiday party
- Work with the host of the PNW MQG Yearly Meet Up
- Explore other opportunities for social events – hand sew happy hours, etc.
Fundraising aka We Need the Money Committee:
- Keep track of ticket sales, quilt showings (shop hop) and volunteers for Raffle Quilt
- Organize the annual de-stash yard sale
- Explore other opportunities to earn money for the guild