The block for June will be a improvisational block made of the scrap packets handed out at the May meeting. You may add white or light grey solid fabric. Blocks must be at least 12 1/2 inches raw edges. Please do designs of straight lines, angles and triangles - no curves, and please don't be afraid to be a little generous with your block size - don't trim them down, our lovely ladies assembling the charity quilt tops will do that so they're all the same 12 1/2 inches square!
If you are new to improv quilting or not too sure of how to go about it, here are some ideas to help you. Have fun making the blocks!
1. Quilting Modern by Katie Pederson & Jacquie Gering.
2. Quilt Improv by Lucie Summers
3. Improvising Tradition by Alexandra Ledgerwood
4. Liberated Quiltmaking II by Gwen Marston
5. Artful Improv by Cindy Grisdella
If these books are not in your personal library, see if they are available thru the county library.
Pinterest: Improv quilts